Technically two angels, lucky, lucky me! This is a wonderful story, I'm so excited to share it with everyone!
I guess the best place to start is the beginning, that usually a pretty good place to start a story! Last Wednesday, Sept 1, started like any other day. I got up, got ready for work, was leaving on time. As I was walking through my garage, my left ankle rolled and right away, I knew I did something serious. I texted my friend, Shannon, who I work with, and asked her if we had ice at work. Sometimes the ice maker works, sometimes it doesn't. She said she thought so, then I texted her and asked if we had plastic bags. See, I knew I hurt myself, but I figured I just sprained my ankle. I was going to go into work and just put some ice on it. I have to pass the Naval Hospital on my way to work, and as I'm driving, my foot starts to really hurt, so, I decide to stop and have a doctor just check it out for me. I get to the ER parking lot, and by the time I get there, I'm in tears from the pain. I go to get out of my car, I cant walk. I cant put ANY pressure on my foot at all. Anyways, to make a long story short, I broke my foot.
Ok, you see that bump on the left side of my foot? That is NOT my ankle! It was a giant knot on my foot where the break ends. It starts between my 3rd and 4th toe. Yeah. I did a good job, huh?
So after the doctors looked at the xray, they had me lay on my stomach with my left foot in the air. This is what it looked like as they wrapped it in medical tape stuff.
And here is the final product. They put that nasty plaster stuff on and then wrapped it again. I'm now on crutches and under strict orders to not put any pressure on my left foot...yeah right.Moving on...this past Sunday, 9/5, I noticed it was unusually warm in the house. I checked the thermostat and it was in the high 70s. I keep it COLD in my house, 67 or 68 normally. So I played with the settings to try to get the air to kick on - nothing. Broken. You have GOT to be kidding me! By Monday, it was stifling in my house! Me and the dogs would sleep in the living room because that is the only room in my house with a fan. Still uncomfortably hot, and with this cast on my leg...YUCK! Now we're getting to the good part.....
Today, 9/8, I'm heading home from work and I have one of those internal conflict moments. I wanted to get my nails done. I did, but I wasn't sure if I should really spend the money. I went back and forth and then just decided to do it. I get there and there is a woman getting her nails done next to me. She was talking to the man doing her nails about her grandson and how he loves race cars. Her nails were finished just a minute or two before mine, and we ended up sitting next to each other with our fingers under the light thing. My cast is a wonderful conversation starter, and she asked me what happened. She said that she had sprained her ankle very badly once doing the same thing as me...just walking! She then made a comment about how it hasn't been as hot outside, so although a cast is uncomfortable, it could be worse. I told her how my air conditioner unit was not working. She said "Oh, I have an extra window unit in my shed, you can have it if you'd like". So we exchanged numbers and after I got home, I got a phone call from her. She got my address and about an hour later, she and her husband pulled into my driveway. Nancy and Andy Cocco, they were such wonderful people! We chatted while Andy put the AC unit in for me. Nancy made sure I had all their numbers and said "now you have a mom and dad in Suffolk". After they left, I felt very...peaceful? I don't know exactly how to describe the feeling, just very full of love? I decide to go ahead and get my bed ready for the night, I take the decorative pillows off, and see this purple box. I pick it up, and this is what it is:
Its a feather, with a poem, and the poem reads:An Angel's Touch...
Celebrate!
A feather fell from out of the sky, I watched it come to me;
A voice so lovely filled the air, but no one could I see.
"Take heed, it's time to celebrate, there's beauty all around;
With songs to sing, and jigs to dance, let mirth and joy abound."
"There's rain to make, the flowers grow, and sun to warm the day;
So celebrate with those you love, let blessings come your way!"
And there is a feather with decorative ribbons and a little shooting star pendant. I cried. They had asked me for an old towel since the AC unit was in their shed, they didn't want it to drip water and dirt on the floors. while I was getting it, Nancy must have stuck this box behind my pillows. After weeks of unfortunate event after unfortunate event, I started to feel sorry for myself, and self pitty does not get you anywhere. But, just as God does, he sends you miracles when you need them most but least expect them. And my miracles came in the form of Andy and Nancy Cocco. If you needed a reason to believe or have faith, here you go. The universe didn't owe me anything, but God knew that I was struggling internally, and he sent me angels to lift my spirits. Now, had I not given in to myself and gotten my nails done, would I still have met this wonderful couple. I'd like to think so, I think that my life was meant to be blessed by them, and boy, do I feel blessed. We started the day as totaly strangers, not knowing the other even existed, and now, my life is forever changed. I wish everyone could feel what I feel right now. And I hope the Cocco's know just how much they did for me today.

1 comments:
Excellent post my dear!! You almost had me crying and you KNOW how hard that is!! God definitely works in mysterious ways and He knows when you need help!! Love you and hope things get better from here!
Post a Comment